Monday, November 5, 2012

Grateful: Day 5: Wake Up Call

Our normal weekdays typically start at 6:00 a.m. to,

" Hate New York City,
 It's cold and it's damp.
And all the people dressed like monkeys
Let's leave Chicago to the Eskimos
That town's a little bit too rugged
For you and me you bad girl

Rollin' down the Imperial Highway
With a big nasty redhead at my side
Santa Ana winds blowin' hot from the north

And we as born to ride..."

We looove LA. We LOVE IT!
Yep. We wake up to Randy Newman's hit, " I love LA" every single morning.

It puts a smile on my face. Takes me right back to Chavez Ravine, right after a Dodger win. I love how songs can take you back in time. It sounds silly, but I am thankful for the memories this song elicits; my husband's sense of hometown pride; and for having such a happy song as our daily wake up call.
It beats the dreaded buzz for sure!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic.

    And since your email address isn't linked to comments, I couldn't write you back. My son does, in fact, have plenty of Dodger gear, as I grew up a fan and going to plenty of games!

    Love that you're L.A. representing in China.

    ReplyDelete