Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grateful: Day 14: My sunshine

How did I make it to day 14 before I mentioned how thankful I am for my husband?! Well, I just couldn't think of the right words to convey how much he means to me up until now, so forgive me for the delay. 
Do we like rodeo? Why, yes we do.
2004
My husband is the most important person in my little world. He's the logic to my emotions, he's the left brain to my right brain, he's the milk to my cookies. I am grateful for the sacrifices he makes so that his family can have what we need. I am grateful for our shared values, his desire to maintain traditions, and the importance he places on family first.  This man is the definition of hard work, and an example of what it means to be a stand up man.

I can only hope that our son watches his dad lead by example, and grows up to be just like him.



I'm also grateful for the good times we've had over the years, and all the ones to come. I'm grateful that my sunshine lets me call him "sunshine", and really be myself--bad habits and all. I love our inside jokes, our ability to make each other laugh, and the fact that he watches Jersey Shore with me.
(Did I just sell him out?)


Perhaps what I am most grateful for these days, is the fact that my sunshine gets to be a father to his son. Watching those two together, and seeing him show Sal how to do things like slurp spaghetti noodles, or get down to a LMFAO song just makes me love him even more.

1 comment: