Friday, November 2, 2012

Grateful: day 1: SAHM

I'm jumping on the bandwagon and going to do my best to do a "grateful" post every day in November. Most years I probably wouldn't have the time to sit down daily and write a blog post...which leads me to  the first thing I'm grateful for...

At the Park

I am grateful that we have the means necessary to allow for me to be a stay at home mom. All my life growing up, if asked what I wanted to be, my answer was "a mom". I wanted to be just like my mom. I wanted to grow up, have a husband and children, and be able to take care of them. I wanted to send my husband off to work in the morning after a home cooked breakfast, and then spend the mornings going on walks to the park, reading books to my kids, and keeping our home tidy. Then in the evenings, when my husband would get home, I'd cook supper and we would all eat together, give the kids a bath, then curl up on the couch watching tv together after the kids were asleep.

And guess what?

I finally have the life that I've dreamed of.

my little Nacho Libre and me on playgroup day


And nobody knows better than I do, that this life that I've got right now is not owed to me. It could change at any given moment, and this is why I wake up every single day, grateful for the opportunity to be a wife and a mother if just for one more day.





1 comment:

  1. I know I was blessed to be able to stay home and take care of you and Stephanie AND I also was blessed to have grandparents to babysit so I could continue working 1 or 2 days a week.

    ReplyDelete