Thursday, November 22, 2012

Grateful: Day 22: WIC Play Group

Oh how I love play group.

Ladies, let me show you how it's done.

The last Wednesday of each month is a WIC play date at Mrs. Georgia's apartment. She lives in the same complex as we do, and has a wonderful first floor apartment, complete with a large basement perfect for entertaining.  We are so grateful for her generosity and for organizing play group.

The WIC play group usually brings out a dozen or so children and their moms from all over the World.  Sal gets to play with children from India, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Germany, the UK and America while I spend a lovely morning with adult conversation, my diet coke (thank you Heather!) and plenty of activity to get a good nap out of Sal when we go home.

It's been really fun for me to be a part of this group, because I get to converse with other moms--all in the same boat as us. Living far from family, while our husbands are here for business. It's  fun to see the differences in parenting styles from country to country, and learn more about our friends from other places.

With all the expat babies being born around here, this group is sure to grow in the next few months. I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment