Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby Shower

After losing our little girl, I swore up and down, left and right that I would never have a baby shower for any future children. My sister and I had picked a date, and started getting invites ready, but I never made it to my planned shower. So for me, the thought of letting someone plan another one for a future baby, would jinx everything.

I slowly came around, and warmed up to the idea of having one when my sister and sister-in-law approached the subject of having one this time around. I went back and forth for quite a while before feeling comfortable saying yes, and outwardly celebrating this baby boy, as if he were actually going to make it. Sounds terrible, right? Welcome to the pregnancy after loss brain. I play these horrid games with myself all the time. My "not-going-to-buy-anything-until-after-30-weeks" rule was also a result of these mind games as well.

Yesterday was my baby shower to celebrate our boy.

Yet another moment that I wasn't sure I would ever see in my lifetime.

I spent yesterday surrounded by family & a few of my longtime friends and so much love.

It was evident that everyone in attendance has been pulling for us since day one, and they have shown so much support through the ups and downs of the past few years..I am just overwhelmed by the turnout of women who came to celebrate our boy with me.

I could not ask for more.


2 comments:

  1. Nor could we! So much love filled the room yesterday. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaaaaaaaaaaaaaY for a nice shower. And I'm glad that you let them celebrate you and your Bun ! HUGS ;O)

    ReplyDelete