Monday, December 5, 2011

THIRTY TWO weeks

This post should have been written last Thursday, but I was busy getting ready for the weekend..so, it's a few days late.


How far along? 32weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 28 lbs

Maternity clothes? Getting tighter every day. By the end of all this, I'll be washing and wearing the same polka dotted sweatpants daily. I'm not kidding.

Stretch marks? None that I can see, but that's not saying much. I can't see the underside of my belly anymore.

Sleep: Worst week of sleep yet. Let's just say I let my imagination and fears run wild for two consecutive nights regarding the viability of this little guy. I lay awake poking and prodding trying to get reactions at all hours, only to get up in the morning and have him give me a thump thump (as if to say, "I'm okay mom! Chill out!"). Add to that a bit of excitement over the impending baby shower, and having my ol man overseas for the week, and it made for sleepless nights.

Best moment this week: Friday morning, getting a knock at the door, and seeing one of my longtime friends standing there, suitcase in hand. She flew in from Texas to surprise me for the baby shower. I was speechless, and may have cried a tear or two..I mean, who surprises me? That's close to impossible, and a whole lotta love.

Miss Anything? My ol man. Shortly after my 31 week post where I boasted that we had 4 whole days together, he was on a plane headed overseas. It was a loooooooong week without him.

Movement: Yep. Lots of if most days, and some days, he's a sleeper. After my anxiety ridden nights, I saw my OB and she has agreed to see me weekly from here on out, and we started doing a non-stress test at each appointment. This eased my mind quite a bit. I am very appreciative of her willingness to make my emotional health a priority. Turns out she has some personal experience with pregnancy after loss. I love when Doctors show their human side.

Food cravings: Nothing this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Braxton-Hicks

Symptoms: No new ones...but I have a gnarly cold that I fear is turning into bronchitis. First time I have had a cold like this in YEARS!

Belly Button in or out? I'd argue to say it's partially out.

Wedding rings on or off? On for a few more days, but after a day on my feet for the shower, followed by sitting in the sun with my girlfriends, I could barely eek them off...so the day is coming when I might appear to be ringless.

Happy or Moody?: Happy. Despite my worries, things are going well. We're inching closer, and I even made it through a baby shower for the boy. Check another "goal" off the list. We're gettin' things done around here! My next "goal" is to make it to 34 weeks.

Looking forward to: Nesting. We were showered with soooo many gifts for the boy, that now I need to go through and organize it all--which is seriously one of my favorite things to do. Although we're not setting up a traditional nursery for now, I am able to get a changing table ready, clothes in drawers. diapers stacked, etc. Each day makes this even more of a reality.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have an understanding doctor! That was one of the things I was so grateful for is that my Dr. was willing to do whatever it took to keep my emottional well being in check.

    I am so glad you had a baby shower to celebrate this little guy! Have fun organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad are continuing to go well for you! Sending you lots of hugs and love and I hope those nasty nightmares go away. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete