Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yosemite 2012

We just returned from what was my 9th annual trip with the Zentil family to Yosemite National Park, and Sal's first! NZ's family, extended and all, takes over Yosemite every year for a week. It's really special to be a part of such a close knit family who truley loves being together. Families like this are few and far between, and one thing is for certain....You can't be a Zentil without loving Yosemite.

The two go hand in hand.

my list was a long one!
I was a bit nervous about our first overnight trip with a baby, so I started my list early...and we did pretty good. I didn't forget a single thing for Sal, but NZ and I both forgot some of our own "must haves" for the trip. Poker chips for him, and socks for myself. Ah well, we survived.

Here are a few pictures from our get away..

swapping babies. Newlywed Adriana with Sal, and me with little Gianna

Nick and Sal at lower falls

impromptu photo op after a roadside diaper change

Hot dog picnic night!



homebound with all his toys. What a trooper!

I'm sad that we probably won't be able to join in the annual tradition for another three years, due to our move, but there is relief in knowing that Yosemite and the Zentil invasion is a tradition that is sure to continue long after we return to the states.

I am looking forward to Sal being able to take it all in..the bike rides, the hikes, the beauty of it all...

..but most importantly, I look forward to his excitement over seeing his cousins, both young and old every year. They will be the memories that last a lifetime...

..and for that, I am so very thankful to be a Zentil.

Yosemite 2016, I'm already counting down the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment