Thursday, August 11, 2011

SIX weeks

Here we go with the catch up posts..this one originally written at the beginning of June.

[June 2011}


How far along? 6 weeks.

How am I feeling? Pretty good. There are days that I feel like I have deja vu from my early twenties. It's like waking up hungover and knowing I should eat something, but nothing sounds good at all, but most days, I feel pretty stinkin' awesome. I mean, c'mon. I'm pregnant again, right?! How could I not be cautiously optimistic that we get another chance at parenthood?

Doctor’s Appointment? I had two this week. The first one was with my RE, on Tuesday, in which we found out we had one viable fetus. We did conceive with two, but one turned out to be a blighted ovum, or empty sac. Which was totally okay with us, as there will be enough anxiety with just one, let alone twins! My second appointment was with the CNP at my new OB's office. She also did an u/s and went over my history. I haven't decided if I like her yet or not, but my next appointment in their office is with the actual OB, so I still have high hopes for a good connection.

Workouts? I've been walking on the treadmill a few times a week, and went to the gym for light weights with NZ one night, but overall, I'm pretty tired.

Sleep? I'm tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get.

Weight Gain? Not sure. I weighed in at 110 at the OB office,.

Baby Preparation? None. Spent most of the week just hoping that I was actually pregnant with a viable fetus. We have had names picked out since my very first pregnancy back in 2009. And haven't waivered from them one bit. And no, family & friends, we won't be sharing them with you until after il bambino di zentil arrives. Guess as you may, but our lips are sealed.

Likes/Dislikes? It changes from day to day. Taco Bell bean burritos have treated me kindly, as have bagels and cream cheese. These are not typical-Brie-foods so the healthy side of me kicks in when packing lunches and throws in greek yogurts, green beans, and other nutritious foods that by lunch time sound so disgusting that I have been a regular at the TBell drive thru.

1 comment:

  1. i am so thrilled for you - and am now catching up on all your posts. congratulations mama!!

    ReplyDelete