Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Catching Up


Although we've flown under the radar with this pregnancy up until about last week ( our families just found out..below is a picture of my 90-year-old gramps finding out..and my aunt crying happy tears), you know I've been documenting every awesome step of this opportunity. Stay tuned while I get my blog up to speed over the next week, I will be posting pre-written posts every day until we get caught up to current.
Part of me is super nervous having the cat-out-of-the-bag, as I am really superstitious this time around. There is very little to compare this pregnancy to my previous ones, which is a GOOD thing, but I still catch myself trying to compare. It's a funny little argument that goes on inside my head, and it drives me nuts. The important part is that I know there is nothing I, or NZ can do..( or anyone else for that matter) to say with 100% certainty that we will have a baby in the end of this all. We just have to try and enjoy the ride, and hope for the best.

So, as I said before, stay tuned while I catch you up....

9 comments:

  1. When I saw this pic a few days ago, I searched to see if you had posted any pregnancy news. I am super stoked for you guys and will be thinking happy thoghts for you! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Did I miss something earlier!? I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! Wishing you 40 very boring, uneventful weeks, followed by a happy birth of a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. above picture..
    pure AWESOMENESS!

    XOXO Auntie Steph


    blogger is not letting me post under my blogger name!! $#$%#$%#$%

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brie!

    I am SO, SO HAPPY!!!! You deserve this happiness so much and I am just filled with JOY for you and your hubby. You really have to email me and catch me up. I've kept you in my prayers and KNEW your time was near.

    I promise to walk this journey with you, every step to the finish line. As for letting the cat out of the bag, its normal to feel as you do, I felt the same way. Honestly, I stayed on edge and anxious for 38 weeks, but that is normal too, given my history.

    BIG HUGS and Lots of LOVE...take care of you and that sweet growing bean :)

    Andrea
    persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE picture! I love your aunt crying and the look on your grandpa's face. And your bump is soooooo cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you and your "bump". I think back to a week ago when I got your email and it took several seconds for it to register. I NEVER thought you could keep a secret and you proved me wrong!! You look beautiful and I should have come over to the V's just to give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable with your little bump :) I am still soooo happy for you since I read the news this morning! I love the smiles of everyone in the picture above and your aunt crying!! That was by far the best birthday present you could offer your gramps!

    (could not figure out how to edit my post above for typos so I deleted it)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brie, So happy for you & Nick & your families! And I love the picture of the secret being revealed...it's classic! I will definitely be keeping you and Nick and your little bean in my thoughts! --Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again, I am just so so so so so so so so so so so so so excited. I guess I knew without knowing considering you have been on my mind the past few weeks... I even saw an owl this week (before I knew) and instantly thought you you guys. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete