Saturday, August 13, 2011

FIFTEEN weeks

[photo 7/29/11]
How many weeks? 15

Showing? Totally. Although I made it through an entire lunch with my father-in-law who didn't suspect a thing..That same day, back at the office, I had two patients ask me when I'm due..so, cat's out of the bag, so to speak..however, still not making a proclamation to the world that we're expecting. Just letting it play out the way it does. My father-in-law learned two days later that we're expecting, and we also called my mom to let her know, since she will not be around to see me next weekend when the rest of the family sees me and my belly for the first time at my Grandpa's 90th (yes, he's 9-0 this year!) Birthday celebration.

How am I feeling? Fatigued. I think my low BP is to blame. I make it through the work week with nothing more than a sore back ( dang heels! I can't give them up..I'm not ready for flats yet!), but by Saturday I am pretty much looking for a soft spot to lay and vegetate. Lately, that spot has been a lounge chair in the backyard.

Doctor’s Appointment? Saw my Endocrinologist last week for a check-up, and we upped my thyroid meds, and talked about my low BP some more. I also saw my OB and I liked her much better this time around. I just about had a coronary the night before, as I opened my mail to find an authorization from my HMO group for an amnio-fricken-tesis, that I was never informed about. I tossed and turned and cried a little wondering why my MFM office never called to tell me that I had abnormal NT/1st tri screen results, and had the audacity to schedule an amnio without our consent ( for the record, I would continue this pregnancy regardless of what any test results told us). A quick call upon daylight the next morning, and the nurse assured me all my results were normal, and that the girl in charge of authorizations always requests an auth for amnio in case results would have come back abnormal. Phew! We also talked to my OB, and she too had our 1st tri screen results and said they were absolutely normal. Her only request is that I eat more, and try to gain a lb or two before my next appointment. Sure!!!!

NZ made it out to my appointment ( we have a 20 min drive to get there) just in time to hear the heartbeat by doppler. Man that thing beats fast! He also caught on to the baby moving away from the doppler, and the Ob laughed with him about the kid saying "get that thing the hell away from me". All in all, my 15 week check up was a success, despite my freak-out moment on Tuesday night.

Workouts? If lifting the spoon to my mouth while eating bowls of cereal count, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Sleep? Sleeping like a baby. Still having WILD dreams though.

Weight Gain? Yes. 2 lbs since my 6 week visit, but it feels like much more!

Baby Preparation? Nope..But we did renovate our living room and hall way this past week. I joked with NZ that every time I have been pregnant, we have remodeled a room..It's pure coincidence, but still sort of funny.

Likes/Dislikes? Fruit Loops are a huge hit this week...and fresh apricots don't stand a chance when I am around. Dislikes? Some days nothing sounds good at all. I have had a few of those this week. We had a houseguest this week, and I made the guys lasagna...it smelled delish..but two bites in and I wanted nothing to do with it..I'm italian, it isn't supposed to work that way! LOL.

5 comments:

  1. You are looking beautiful! Love the progression photos too since I have not seen you in person yet. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brie!!! We had to adjust my thyroid meds about 4 times w/ each pregnancy so I hope they check you frequently. I went every single month b/c mine got so whacky.
    Sounds like are doing wonderfully!!! Love it!!! Stacia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacia, good to hear from you old friend! Yes, my endo is on top of the monthly visits and testing. He is a godsend, probably my most thorough and best Doctor I have ever found. Feeling ever so fortunate to have him on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could be the cutest pregger EVER! Loving your updates!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the comment above!! You are the cutest preggo lady! I love reading about your progression - mostly because it brings me back memories (especially about the fatigue, various dislikes with food...). Funny how you used to love a food but now can't look at it. Meat was a big turn off for me for both pregnancies - and the minute I gave birth, I was fine eating it again. Looking forward to following the rest of this incredible journey :)

    ReplyDelete