Friday, August 12, 2011

TWELVE

[July 12]


How many weeks? 12

Showing? Yes, but still camoflauge-able.

How am I feeling? Hello, heartburn. Everytime I eat anything at all, I feel like I have just completed the "biggest-gorge-fest-EVER-in -the -history- of- all- mankind". Okay, so that's overreacting( just a little). But seriously, I've never felt so full after eating a piece of string cheese or an apple, for that matter... in my life.

Doctor’s Appointment? Yes, we had an appointment with my new OB this past week. Jury is still out on whether I will like her or not. I fruited out ( thank Goodness NZ was there) on her when she attempted to locate a heartbeat with a doppler ( even though at 11.5 weeks it is sort of a long shot to pick it up by doppler alone) and couldn't. Her response, "Oh well. Don't worry."

That didn't go over well with me, since I learned our last child was no longer alive by means of a doppler that couldn't locate a heartbeat. Major faux-paux, Dr. K. Anyways, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting for the U/S room to open up ( and NZ calming me down), she performed an U/S that put my mind at ease. NZ and I both got to see the little italian squirming, waving and hiccuping away. I was really excited he got to be there for this appointment, as I think he really liked seeing this little person be-bopping around. As a mom, I will get to know our child by carrying him/her, but for dads, it's a bit different...I just want him to feel included in all of this.

Workouts? I hit up the treadmill for an hour to finish out my television series "Make it Or Break it"..and I cried. I walked and cried at the same time. Thank goodness no one was home to listen to me or watch me on this sad display of behavior. I love that show more than I should probably admit to.

Sleep? Napping less & staying up a tad bit later.

Weight Gain? 1 lb so far. My OB felt the need to share this with me as I'm lying on her exam table, and she adds, "you're so little, you don't even look pregnant"..Yet again, more words that do not soothe my soul. C'mon lady, tell me how HUGE my belly is for 11.5 weeks. LOL.

Baby Preparation? Zilch.

Likes/Dislikes?
Slurpees are a big hit this week, as are white nectarines and apples with peanut butter. Hey, 2 out of my 3 must-haves for the week are healthy, so I'm not doing all that bad. And oh yeah- NZ made a tri-tip again this week, and I ate some. And it didn't make me barf. So that's good too.

1 comment:

  1. HOW in the world did I miss that you're pregnant!?! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete