Friday, August 12, 2011

TEN

[June 27]

How many weeks? 10

Showing? More each day. It's getting hard to find clothes to camoflauge the ever thickening waistline. I did unpack my maternity clothes and the maternity clothes that one of my besties and sis-in-laws (and two of the only people to know about this baby so far) sent my way. I may bust into the stash as soon as next week.

How am I feeling? Cautiously optimistic. Still fighting fatigue and low blood pressure ( diagnosed with hypotension last week after a fainting episode that was entirely embarassing--while standing in on a procedure at work, I fainted in front of the patient and my boss! Guess I was in the right place to have something like that happen, at least!). Also getting that "just ate thanksgiving supper" feeling after just a few bites of food. Really nothing to complain about--just hoping that my next OB visit brings more good news, because I'm still playing the daily headgame of "this could end at any moment" which I have about mastered.

Doctor’s Appointment? Not till next week. I should be 11.5 weeks by then. I look forward to meeting my OB, since last time I just saw her nurse. I had one a week and a half ago where I graduated from my RE's office..It was bittersweet, as Dr. Hubert was the one to finally diagnose my problem and worked with us every step of the way. However, our insurance doesn't cover anything from that office, so at $200 per ultrasound, it was time to move forward..After a big hug and a promise to send him a birth announcement, I was off into the land of being just a regular -pregnant-Jane again ( enter: shameless plug for FASC).

Workouts? Nada. I came down with a sore throat midweek and took it easy.

Sleep? Still can't get enough. I have been going home on my lunch hour just to catch a 30 min snooze. My dreams have been WILD though. Usually work related, which is very much on my mind since I did tell my employer about my pregnancy last week.

Weight Gain? I hope so.

Baby Preparation? We discussed our immediate needs for when the baby arrives, and what the timeline might be after arrival in terms of some other changes we have brewing.

Likes/Dislikes? I *heart* Eggs! Not just the whites, but the whole dang thing. With toast. Yum! I also opened up to broiled ham and cheese on an open pita pocket for supper.

Trying to work meat back into the rotation. I made tri-tip for NZ and the thought of eating my favorite cut of beef caused a major forcefield of aversion. And oh yeah--I may or may not have stopped at 7Eleven more than once this week for a Slurpee or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment