Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Camper

I spent some quality time with my nemesis, my silhouette machine. The learning curve on this machine is a slow one, but I think I am finally getting the hang of it. I even tried an iron on transfer with it.

I'm getting wild and crazy, I know!

My sister and I downloaded free camping webdings a while back, and I played around with my silhouette cutting machine yesterday afternoon to make a gift tag for a little boy's birthday present, as well as an iron-on decal for a t-shirt that has a camping theme.


First I found a webding of a camper, and enlarged it to a 4x4 size.

Then I put yellow cardstock on my feed sheet, and let my silhouette do it's thing...

I glued the cutout to blue cardstock..

and voila! A gift tag for a little boys gift!


For my second, and more adventurous project, I used my silhouette to mirror the camper image, and then inserted a mirrored font in "Rustler" to read, " Happy Camper". I used an orange paint fill tool to fill the negative space, and then printed it on my regular HP c4750 printer onto iron-on transfer paper that I already owned. I then cut around the image, and followed the transfer instructions, pressing a high heat iron to the backside of the image sheet for 3 minutes with firm, steady pressure.
A shirt fit for one of the Happy Campers in my life.



2 comments:

  1. who is this lucky happy camper? What a special shirt it is for him or her. :-) Great to see your craftiness came out today...hopefully that means a little more energy for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete