Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top that, Santa!


I have stumbled upon the best birthday present, Ev-ER for my husband's next Birthday, which happens to fall just 15 days after ol Santa Claus stops by our house each year.

[disclaimer: The man above is not NZ...but I am pretty sure he'd be stoked with a case of Budlight]

Add to the proximity of Christmas, the fact that my ol man also tends to buy himself whatever he wants ( I see a quiver of surfboards taking over our garage wall) before I have a chance to come up with something. I'd love to send him with a few friends on some all expense paid surf excursion, out in the boonies, where no wife in their right mind would want to hang--you know, like-- camping....in the dirt...with no bathrooms...lots of beer and sketchy locals...in Baja, or somewhere like that.

I know he'd be over the moon if I gave him something like that, but until we win the lottery, I have to be a little more frugal...This year, I've decided to go home-made...I've come up with a fantastic present for my ol man, and couldn't be more excited about it.

But before you go telling me that men don't like home-made gifts, just spare me, okay?
He's gonna like this one...

Besides, I was so excited that I already spilled the beans to him, so he totally knows what he is going to be getting...

..


..


..

..
..And we're both quite excited about it...

Yep, it's what you think it is.

il bambino di zentil

Pretty freakin' awesome, right?

Estimated delivery date: Mid January 2012 ( Nick's Birthday!)

**This post was written Memorial Day weekend, 2011, shortly after learning we'd be expecting again. We opted to zip our lips about this pregnancy as long as possible because our only experience with pregnancy is related to loss. We are thrilled at the opportunity to get another chance at parenthood, and hope that those around us support our decision/reasons behind not sharing the news sooner.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Congrats!! So happy and excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this post brought a huge smile on my face!! I am SO excited for both of you!!! I know it's been hard (and long overdue!) to get to that point again. Although there may be moments filled with a bit of anxiety (because of your past losses), I hope you can relax and enjoy this pregnancy to its fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie.Steph.is.over.the.moon.with.happiness!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy for you and are so glad you did share the news! I echo Audrey's comments. I hope you are able to enjoy this pregnancy and we are praying for you and Nick that this will be a beautiful start to your little family. We love you and can't wait to follow your journey.

    Love,
    Rachel

    PS. Now I know why you've been on my heart so much the past few months and why I've felt the need to pray for you two so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaaay!!! Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you!!!!! LOTS of love to you both!!!!!

    ps. I happen to adore January babies! ;) December ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just such an amazing, wonderful thing, Brie. I am so happy for you guys. You know you'll be getting a prime spot in my prayers. I can't think of two stronger, more faithful and determined people to be this baby's parents - you will be awesome!! :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete