Saturday, April 4, 2009

10 years? Really?

I 've been trying to do some spring cleaning and organization of my photo files, when I ran across a bunch taken during my years at UC Davis.

It's been fun going through them, and enjoying the shenanigans we all got ourselves into, and thankfully..out of..

Through my 4 years at UC Davis, I lived in oh....say....five rental properties. I had trouble staying in one place long enough to grow any roots. When I moved away from home in 1995, I was quiet, shy and in some ways, sheltered by my own discretion...so when I signed up for a dorm assignment, the words "Extended Quiet Hours" appealed to me. Little did I know, it would be the most boring dorm EVER. I think I spent the majority of my time at Tercero with Lynn & the F crew, or with Bridg & Dawn wherever we decided to bounce around.

Sophomore year was spent at Lakeshore, with Missy " Pissy Sue" and Dawn " Mac"...We were the vicitims of some pretty heinous pranks, but always came back with something better to assault the opposing team with. We may have come home to a kitchen full of suds a time or two, but we won the war on the "Welcome to Our Nest" doormat belonging to Kiko & Brian.

Junior year was the "ghetto" year. It was also my first year as a non-gymnast...living with gymnasts. To say it was easy being in that situation would be a lie. To add to the difficulty of living with two great friends who had something I could no longer have...I had to have radiation for my thyroid and contemplated ( per mom's suggestion) not going back to school for a while. I did, however, and am really happy that I pushed through. I had some fun times with Jen & Meghers and our Drake Ghetto neighbors, the basketball girls.



Senior year, however was my favorite. 5 girls, yes FIVE...Under one roof. Lynn, Heather, Hali, Sara and Me. Pure Awesomeness.

We created, out of boredom..our very own Sorority and named ourselves, Sigma Epsilon Chi. I've loved all my roomates, but haven't always gotten along with them all the time..This group however...never fought. We had no battles, wars or hurt feelings amongst us the entire year. We all just jelled. Towards the end of the year, we got together and did some photos around campus like complete dorks, in matching outfits...but we didn't care. We were all superstars in our own right.

Some of us were headed to grad school, some to other countries, some to marriage and others were going to continue finding their way for a while...
It's hard to believe that it's been TEN years this spring, and we're all still in touch whether it be in person, through a phone call, facebook or e-mail. I'd say that's pretty awesome.

I love my girls!















No comments:

Post a Comment