Friday, April 13, 2012

Guess who's 3 months old?

I used to laugh when people would tell me not to blink once I had a baby to care for.

Now I get it.

He grows and changes right before our eyes.

His likes and dislikes change from day to day.
Some days he's a sleeper, others he's an insomniac.
Some days he's crabby, but most days he's nothing but smiles.
Some days he likes to fall asleep in his swing, others he wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Some days he likes tummy time, others he'd rather play under his jungle gym.

One thing is for sure, he loves us.

His little smiles have turned into ear to ear grins, and we're pretty sure he's working on his first giggle.

His favorite time of day is bathtime with dad--we're looking forward to when he can actually sit up and play in the bath, and many times we use bathtime as a way to soothe him when he's fussy before bedtime.

Bedtimes are a phenomenon...he goes down, without fail ( knock on wood) by 7:30 every night...in fact, this week, bedtime was between 6:30 and 7:00..Daytime--well, it's a work in progress. I'm trying to abide by the 90 minute baby sleep program, and it has improved daytime naps, but there's still work to do.

I've got myself convinced that he is the ONLY person that enjoys my singing voice, and I will work it till he's old enough to be embarassed by it. Right now, Itsy Bitsy Spider is the chart topper, with Farmer in the Dell as a close second. It may actually eclipse the Itsy Bitsy Spider this week for the number 1 spot. Who knows? The suspense is going to kill you, I know..

Hi mah! My hands can grab toys! Isn't that neat?!

1 comment:

  1. his smile fills my heart with love. It's a pleasure to watch him grow and it won't be long before we wonder where the time went as he reaches each milestone. Love him, love you!

    ReplyDelete