...On my knock off Butterfinger!
Yep, that's right..I've been a recipe trial fiend this week. Corn Dogs AND homemade butterfingers, all in one week...I'm getting crazy here!
The recipe for knock-off butterfingers is so easy, it's hard to believe that just THREE ingredients and a microwave are necessary.
You ready for this??
KNOCK OFF BUTTERFINGER
16 oz. candycorn (if you wait till after the 31st it usually sells for 75% off at CVS)
16 oz. peanut butter ( the cheap stuff)
milk chocolate candy melts ( available at most craft stores in the baking area)
And here's how the magic happens...
1. Using a microwave safe tupperware, melt candy corn at 30 sec intervals until fully melted.
2. Mix in peanut butter
3. Pour out onto a silpat or silicone baking mat ( wax paper would work fine too). Shape into a rectangle measuring about 1/4 inch high.
4. Cut into bar lengths while still warm.
5. Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until cool.
6. Separate bars, leaving them on the silicone mat
7. melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave as directed on package. I thinned mine with vegetable oil to make it coat easier.
8. Using spatula, and working quickly, spread melted chocolate on top of each bar. The consistency should drip down the sides of the bar enough to coat.
9. Chill in refrigerator to set.
Final Step: Share them before you eat them all!
..and just to share that I am far from perfect...I had some unmelted candy corns in my last batch--this people, is called impatience...one of my downfalls..but they still tasted good!