Tuesday, March 24, 2009

16 weeks




Now that I'm getting bigger, the belly shots are going to become censored...no one needs to see my bare skin fighting for elasticity....and losing the battle of the stretch marks.

I celebrated reaching 16 weeks of being pregnant this week! For many, reaching 16 weeks is nothing to blog about, but for me, having lost a baby last year, I celebrate every freaking day....every ache, pain, anxiety attack overcome..notice, I didn't say every anxiety ATTACK...just the overcoming of them. I still feel so very lucky to have the opportunity to carry my own child, and although the fear of something going terribly wrong still creeps into my thoughts from time to time, I must say I am really enjoying my growing belly.

We hadn't told NZ's extended family..so when we reached Yosemite, many of his cousins, aunts & uncles learned of our good news..and of course were thrilled to have a new Zentil on the way!

I have to thank NZ for being a very patient, understanding and loyal husband throughout my 8 p.m. bedtimes and lack of laundry folding. He's more than held up his end of the bargain as a husband, and I love him more than words express.

3 comments:

  1. I love this photo...you are adorable.
    Love...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this pic actually i love all your belly pics iam very happy for you brie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are going to be such great parents. You look great! I can't wait to see you soon!
    xoxo Auntie

    ReplyDelete