Sunday, December 8, 2013

34 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: we will find out if my baby shower and a cookie exchange added any kgs at the end of this week. As of last week I was up a total of 26 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Nick had the "grand opening" ceremony for the company today (Tuesday). I broke out fitted sweater dress with leggings under it and a sweater and froze my butt off, but I didn't have any other clothes worthy of wearing to such an event. I'm sure the Nǎinai's were thinking I was going to freeze my unborn baby to death. 

Stretch marks? Still clear.

Sleep: Aweful. Our son has been waking nightly and having trouble going back to sleep. I can't say that sleeping on a hardwood floor at 34 weeks pregnant is comfortable. We'd usually let him cry it out, but he screams like a banshee and mama needs her sleep so it is easier to just post up crib side with a hand for him to hold until he drifts off again...I'm forming bad habits, I know..sigh. For the record, I did let him cry it out last night and was successful. Even though our wake up call was 5:15a, I felt like a new woman after sleeping in my own bed ALL night.

Best moment this week: Well it was technically last week, but having so many of my Wuxi friends pull together for a baby shower to celebrate our baby really warmed my heart. My group of women here is truly a village. It's one thing that I have here that I don't have in America. I love the collective community that surrounds us. 

Miss Anything? Being able to go outdoors. Our AQI has been over 300 (up to 500) which is categorized as severe pollution for over a week. This means we are housebound. Being housebound for a day is okay--but one week?  I'm about to lose my sh-t. I also miss being able to get up off the floor easily. Cleaning up cucumber chunks and tomatoes off the floor on my hands and knees poses a bit of a challenge after mealtimes.

Movement: Yes. She's definitely slowing down though, but it feel her just often enough to not be nervous.

Food cravings: crushed ice. I go through five ice trays a day. It's a serious addiction.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken

Gender: Girl.

Labor Signs: Occasional BH contractions.

Symptoms: holy moodiness! I skyped my sister in tears one morning because I was so overwhelmed by what's going to happen in the next few weeks, and worrying about our son's sudden issues with sleeping. As always she made me feel better and realize that all I can do is my best.

This too shall pass.

Belly Button in or out? Flat

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody?: Moody. My poor husband. 

Looking forward to: seeing my Doc on Saturday and hoping for good growth report.

2 comments:

  1. All you can ever do is your BEST! <3 you & see you in 25 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the pollution for you.

    So happy those amazing women loved on you so well.

    I am with you on cleaning up those food chunks. This crap is not easy!

    I'm up 30lbs at 31 weeks. Looks like I've passed you. And also, that's a record for ALL of my pregnancies and I still have 7 weeks to go until I'm induced. I need to lay off those cookies. Oh, but I can't!

    ReplyDelete