Monday, February 13, 2012

Make it: Kids Valentines


This year, I'm feeling more festive. I decided that Sal's cousins, all boys, ranging in ages from 11 months to 5 years old, needed Valentine's from the little guy. I'm not exactly sure where I saw the idea for the older boy's mailbox filler, but I am pretty sure it was probably the girls over at eighteen25.


Rather than fill the mailboxes, which, by the way were a steal at $1 a piece in Target's dollar bins, with candy and sweets, I chose age appropriate matchbox cars for the older two, and a pair of red socks and a cardboard baby book for the youngest.


I made tags for the matchbox cars that read " Valentine, I wheelie like you" and the socks that read " Valentines would stink without you" on my silhouette SD machine. I like to use my sihouette for my print projects as well as my diecut projects, because of the handy gridlines, and sizing rulers that the program has to offer.

The matchbox car package was a bit too big for the mailbox, so I cut down the packaging to fit.



And the socks...

All packaged up and ready to give to his cousins on Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment