Monday, February 27, 2012

A Heavy Hearted Monday

Aunt Lorraine, Uncle Greg, Uncle Bob and my Pop
[August 2011]
I start this week with a heaviness in my heart at the news of an accident that took my Great Uncle's and Aunt's lives. To know uncle Bob & Aunt Lorraine was to love them...I doubt they ever had a single enemy, they were just that friendly. I will miss his jokester ways, and her sweet little sayings. My aunt Lorraine remained in critical condition over the weekend, and sadly passed away this afternoon.

I feel for my cousins, my grandmother ( uncle Bob was her last living sibling) and Bob and Lorraine's three girls.

The two were in Palm Springs to attend a WWII reunion, when they were crossing a street around 7:30 p.m. and were struck by a motor vehicle. Here are links to the News releases.

Noozhawk Santa Barbara
Desert.com article

2 comments:

  1. Well said sis, couldn't have said it better myself.

    Love
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this Brie. My love and condolences go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete