Friday, June 24, 2011

the MADE Pool/beach robe


One of my favorite sewing blogs is MADE. I love the patterns and DIY ideas that Dana shares with her readers. I have already made some pants and shorts (like these) for my nephew, and when she came out with this pattern earlier this week, I was beside myself with excitement. Really.

Being as frugal as I am ( okay, I admit..the cheapskate that I am), I hemmed and hawed over the purchase of the pattern for a couple days. Even though I reallllly wanted to make a pool robe, I tried to reason with myself that I might just find a just-as-good FREE pattern somewhere in blogland. I was wrong. None of the other pool robes were even close to being as cute ( and easy looking) to make. So, I bit the bullet and shelled out the $8 ( after receiving the pattern and instructions, I have to laugh at myself...the pattern is WELL worth the purchase price, and makes a variety of sizes) for the pattern. Within minutes it was in my in-box, ready to be printed, taped together and cut out. And may I just add, her instructions are idiot-proof.

Seriously...

Idiot. Proof.

I had an orange bath towel from Target that I scored for $4 on sale, earlier in the week just in case, you know...I actually bought the pattern at some point.

So, here's my first attempt at a 3T-4T beach/pool robe.

Pretty stinkin' cute, if you ask me.

To get your own beach robe pattern, click here.

1 comment: