Saturday, July 2, 2011

Barrett-Jackson


It's no secret..Ever since I was a little girl, I've had a thing for cars.

I blame my pop.

So, when NZ and his friend Morgan had plans to go to Orange County and check o
ut the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction, I asked to tag along. We set out early- 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday...to get down to O.C. and beat the traffic. It was cool to walk through the buildings and see all the cars up for auction. Most were immaculate. So much attention to detail and obviously a lot of elbow grease went into the restorations.

Among my favorites?

The trucks.

We saw some other cool vehicles, and both fell in love with the idea of restoring a 300 wagon like the one below. Nick would really like to have a project car to restore someday. Among his list of cars to restore? 68 camaro, late 70's K5 Blazer ( gets my vote!), and now a 300 Wagon which I have to share his excitement over--it was pretty awesome. I'd probably choose a different paint color ( uhm, black anyone?), but overall, loved this car!

I think that Nick and Morgan had the most fun out on the test track getting to ride in the new Corvettes. Look at those smiles!
And, to end the day, the million dollar Bugatti. Seriously. The person who can afford this probably doesn't wear the same socks twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment