Friday, July 8, 2011

Here we go again...

Now that we have the fences all fixed and looking beautiful, NZ moved his attention indoors..which, between you and me...makes me super giddy with excitement. Don't get me wrong, I like sitting in the sun, swooning over my ol man wearing a cowboy hat and a tool belt as he slaves away on his outdoor projects, but I super-love ( yes, that's a word, and I totally just made it up) when he does indoor projects, because that makes our home reflect more of who we are.
We moved into this house 4 years ago. We decided to take our time making it our own. This means that we have lived with the carpet, wallpaper, popcorn ceilings and lighting it came with for 4 years. We've redone two rooms, updating them with fresh paint, new wide baseboards and crisp white ceilings free of all things asbestos. The rest of the house is totally livable, but it's all still waiting for our touch to free it from the 70's hell it's been living in ( if you look closely, you can see the gold-vein wallpaper that graces our entry way).

So, here we go again..NZ has been hard at work this week. First by making
our dining room into a makeshift living area while our living room gets gutted.

[ Our quaint temporary living room]
Then, by bringing in the big gun ( the hose) to the aweful popcorn covered ceiling and scraping it down to the drywall.
Next up, texturing the ceiling, wiring for new switches, surround sound and lighting. Then comes my favorite part of all---new baseboards and painting! I'm loving the two grays used below. Both from BEHR.

[Behr "Squirrel"]

[BEHR "porpoise"]

We actually have experience with "porpoise" because that's the color NZ picked for our home office. I don't have any photos of it, but I found this nursery as an example of the paint color. I find it funny that they paired orange with the gray, since we did too! I love this room color, but part of me wants to switch it up a little for the living room area. Not sure if I should opt for a lighter gray like "porpoise" or a tad bit darker ( & taupe) with the "squirrel".

Can't wait to see it all come together!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it... Love your "new" makeshift living room.

    And I can vouch..the wallpaper is gold veined.. nothing hides it. Will be nice to see it in a beautiful Behr GREY

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the gray...both of them! It's always exciting to really get into a remodel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we painted our one and only spare bedroom/office in Sherwin William taupe and love it! It's got a slightly more "warm" look to it than a gray.

    I'm sure you will love either one that you choose. We painted all our ceilings the same as the wall color and love the look of it and you don't have to worry about a nice "cut job" The ceilings come out looking slightly lighter due to lighting and it looks like a perfect cut job!! Looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete