Friday, July 29, 2011

Have a Sweet Birthday

One of my college besties is having a Birthday this week, and since we live 5 hours from one another, I decided to make a Birthday "Sweet Treat" package for her to enjoy her special day.

Back in the day, we'd bake each other sheet cakes, slathered in store bought icing, with some archaic words squeezed on out of tube icing...cause we were classy like that.

Now-a-days, as much as I am sure both of us would welcome the same sort of cakes, made with love, I got a little more with the times, and followed a pin th
at has been popping up all over pinterest lately.

I made her, her very own cupcake in a jar.


Seriously, how cute is that?

Topped it off with a little fabric topper, and snuck in a strawberry print apron from my etsy shop, and an appliqued dish towel that was made using my silhouette cutter ( I am jumping for joy with the success of my first fabric cutout project with the silhouette..I have a love hate relationship with that machine!)


And of course, for such a sweet friend, a HUMONGOUS lollipop she will probably never eat, but I'm betting if she still has a bulletin board in her room, it's gonna make a home pinned up there for her to remember that I love her tons!


Happy Birthday Miss Jen! Wish I could be there to celebrate with a 40 of Mickey's and a night tearin' up the floor at the Grad like old times. Oh wait, I have a picture? Why yes, I do.

Circa 1999

Yes, we matched. For the record, I think this was our Halloween costume?
Maybe. Maybe not.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! And what an amazing friend you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jen! I hope you had a pleasant day and that Brie's "care package" gave you a huge smile and warm heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a thoughtful and adorable bday care package!!

    Also I love the outfits! You guys were totally in style for 1999! I totally remember those chunky shoes being all the rage!! Good times. ;)

    Hope your friend had a great birthday! I'm sure she is as amazed at your craftiness as I am!!! :)

    ReplyDelete