Monday, June 6, 2011

DIY Matchbox city



As I do on almost every Sunday, I had my oldest nephew over for a few hours yesterday. We normally go for walks ( who am I kidding, he runs, I walk..), but with yesterday's indecisive weather, we stayed around the house. Nothing like getting stuck in a downpour with no umbrellas! We've done that before, and although it is a funny story to look back on, we were miserably wet by the time we got home..So, lesson learned..no more walks without umbrella when it looks like there is the slightest chance it might rain.


Armed with sidewalk chalk and matchbox cars, we drew ourselves a city...complete with what he deems "My-semite" instead of "Yosemite", full of trees and lakes. We also had a McDonalds, VONS, barbershop, gas station, school, houses and of course, a race track.


[The trees of "Mysemite"]

So, anyone looking for an idea to eat up some of your summer outside time, this little city on the sidewalk was at least an hour of outside entertainment, and easy to boot!
Best part..it washes off so a new city can be created the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment