Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY Twix bars



A recent discovery of pinterest has officially taken all of my blogging time away from me..instead of spending evenings posting about the haps around here, I have been "pinning" away like a mad woman, creating my own collection over there..If you don't already know about pinterest, you should really, really, really, check it out..but beware, it is more of a time zapper than facebook...but good Lord does it have some cool ideas and inspiration to learn from.

Among them, is the recipe for homemade twix bars, courtesy of this link from King Arthur Flour. I hit up Fresh & Easy, bought myself some Werther's chewy caramels, some nestle milk chocolate chips and got to baking!

The recipe was super straight forward, and although the recipe calls for these to be served more as a cookie bar would be, you can tweak the cutting process to create "sticks" and then dip them in chocolate to create twix bars, rather than pouring the chocolate over the top of the cookie bars only.

Mine won't be winning Miss America anytime soon (they were a bit homely, actually), but the text I received from my husband the day he took them into work said,

" They didn't stand a chance. Smoked within the first hour today".

That's how I measure my recipe success...if he brings back stragglers, I know the recipe tanked..If I get a text by 9 a.m. stating that they're gone... I know it's definitely something to make again.

I'm happy to proclaim that the Twix bars earned a home in my recipe book!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! That's how I measure recipe success too! I haven't had time to make them yet, but I think I will this weekend! I miss you, xx Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Sara's twix bar cookies and they were yummy!!! Finally, no more walk-of-shame out of the convenience store with a king size twix in my hand to "share."

    ReplyDelete