Thursday, May 12, 2011

Composition "What I did on vacation..."

Does anyone remember writing the grade school compositions that started with "What I did on summer/sprint/winter break..." in their little black and white composition books? Mine always had illustrations to go with my stories ( and yes, I sometimes wrote "stories" aka. fabrications..like in 1st grade when I wrote that, while on summer vacation, my mom got us a baby brother and we bought a dolphin and it lived in our pool). Well, mom did not birth another child, nor did we even have a pool to put the absurd "pet dolphin" in. I bet I gave my teachers some laughs though.


Anyways, here's a non-fabricated illustration of what NZ and I did on our "four-and-a-half-years-later-honeymoon", which was well worth the wait. We had been throwing around destinations for the past few years, but with bodybuilding competitions, work travel and pregnancy attempts, we never had the opportunity to book a vacation until now...and I wouldn't have it any other way. This vacation to Costa Rica was worth the wait--for once in our hectic lives, we were able to get up in the morning and not be rushed to do a darn thing.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your vacation couldn't have been any better... surfing, the beach, exotic environment/animals. It looks like the perfect getaway! By the way, you look adorable in those pics Brie!!

    ReplyDelete