Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Who you'd be today


Dear Denise,

Wow, 2 years...730 days..17,520 hours since your dad and I met you and said our goodbyes. And guess what? I still think of you every stinkin' day. I see a toddler playing in the fountain at the local outdoor mall, and think to myself, I'd like to be one of those momthers taking my kid there on a hot spring day...The shrieks and giggles of the little girl that lives behind us when she's out back playing with her brothers makes me wonder what you would have sounded like..Would you be a quiet,like me, or gregarious like your dad?

As two years have now passed, I am filled with even more wonder, as to who you would have been. What would you have been like? Would you test my limits by being as stubborn of a child as I was, or would you be laid back and just roll with it?

I want you to know, You are not forgotten.... you were wanted, and very much loved. Every time I hear this Kenny Chesney Song I think of you...



I don't have much else to say on what would be your second birthday, other than to let you know that not a day goes by that I don't wish we would have gotten to keep you here on Earth. Be good up there, and give your little friend Esmay a hug from her mama, who I'm sure misses her as much as I miss you.

Love,

Mom

6 comments:

  1. thinking of you today, brie, and wishing denise were in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and Denise. Huge ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. THink of you both often. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her grama Sandy wonders what she would have been like too...her mama was definitely stubborn and tested the limits BUT I know she is going to be great Mama some day. She is a terrific Auntie already. Denise: Your grama Sandy thinks of you every day too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to you, Mama Z!!! What a sweet and beautiful tribute to your daughter! Hugs and prayers for you and Denise. xoxo

    ReplyDelete