Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Boobilicious

A while back, my sister , Stephanie of Sweet Creations, made some boob cupcakes for a dirty ol' man's birthday. One of our friends was turning 26 this year, and requested boob cupcakes for her party, so I obliged and made some PG13 boob cupcakes with royal icing and color flow ( I ran out of meringue powder to do the tops/bras out of royal).

Although a little sloppy ( the colorflow dries and clumps very quickly, whereas my royal icing has a more continuous look to it when piped in)..they worked.


I printed out 24 circles measuring 2" diameter from the computer, then place
d them under freezer paper to use as templates. I used slightly thinned (think hair gel consistency) royal icing tinted with Wilton gel coloring in copper to make my rounds by squeezing till the edge of the royal icing met the edges of my template which was underneath the paper. To make the mounds for the boobs, I used slightly thicker royal icing and a smaller sized template. As the mounds were drying, I wet my finger and pushed any po
inted areas down.

I let both the base and the mounds dry overnight, and then "glued" them together, two mounds to a base, the next evening. This created the "body".

I can't take credit for the bras & bikini tops, as I found them here on Las Vegas based, Gimme Some Sugar's blog. So stink'n awesome! They used white chocolate for their creations, but I am worse with chocolate than royal icing, so I chose the latter. Unfortunately, I ran out of meringue powder and was too lazy to drive across town to purchase another canister, so I used my Color Flow instead. I whipped up a large batch, separated it into 3 separate bowls and tinted each. I piped the outlines of the bras and bikinis onto the mounds to look the part. I then thinned down each color by adding water and tried to fill and decorate each top, which is where the messiness came to play. Color flow dries so darn quick and I don't think I had mine thinned quite enough, but it worked well enough.

Had I not been so pressed for time, I would
have started over and used the correct medium to make these, but returning from vacation on Tuesday followed by a party on Saturday, left no time for do-overs.

[ the birthday girl]

Happy 26th Ness!

1 comment: