Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Besties Birthdays

Over Labor Day weekend, two of my girlfriends from my college years at UCDavis came to visit me. We've attempted to re-unite at least once a year since graduating 11 years ago.


It just so happens that labor day weekend falls between their birthdays, so I made a cake for them to share. I made the owls from marshmallow fondant, a few circle cutters and the letter "V" cutter from my alpha set. Super easy to make and cute to boot!

We had a relaxing weekend complete with a sunburnt butts from laying too long on one side at the beach, a few dinners out, shopping and a couple of P90x workouts ...Oh and we can't forget..we ate cake.. CAKE is good!

Happy Birthday(s) to a couple of my besties,

Ma'am and Miss Jen!

4 comments:

  1. darling cake....Happy Birthday Jen and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie,

    That sounds like and amazing weekend! I'm envious of your beach time, even if you did get a teensey pink glow :) And that cake, how adorable!!!

    Friend time is always the best...and I can get lost in it so easily.

    Sending you love and hope that you have another great weekend.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! And thank you for a great weekend and the happiest birthday cake ever. We did a great job - 3 girls, 3+ days and 1 cake. My sunburn is nearly gone and I'm so glad we got to spend the weekend together. Love Sara

    ReplyDelete