Thursday, September 23, 2010

Twinkie love

You know those people who you meet, and right away, you pick out some super fancy pedestal and put them on it? Only to watch them fall off it right in front of your eyes, as you learn more about the person they really are?

Once upon a time, wayyyy back in December 2002, I picked out a pedestal for this bartender I met. I put him on it right away, and was expecting, like everyone else I had ever put on a pedestal, that something he would do or say would send him tumbling off of it....and my life would go back to normal, and I would be forever single because Dammit, there are no Twinkies out there! My college friend and I were forever looking for the guy version of a Twinkie, because Twinkies, as we all know, have a forever shelf life, and never go bad. Leave it to us, to come up with that analogy, but that's how our 24 year old brains worked.
But instead of falling off that pedestal, he continually secured his place on it, and four years ago, today, we said " I do" and I couldn't be a luckier girl. Not only did I find my Twinkie, but he has been more than I could ever ask for in a husband. In a world where marriages are considered disposable, it's nice to have someone who is willing to put the work into making sure we grow stronger together despite any adversity we've encountered. He never ceases to amaze me, and I am so proud to be his wife.

So, to celebrate my sunshine, and everything he's added to our life together, here's a slew of photos over the years.


{2003 Country In the Park}


{2004 Fishing in Santa Barbara}


{2005 Good timin' vacation}


{September 23, 2006 " i do"}


{2007 Disneyland}


{2008 Rottnest Island off the coast of Perth, Australia}


{2009 Parents-to-be}



{2010 Ring'n in the New Year}

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY SUNSHINE! 4 years down, many more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and I know you will have many more by keeping the respect and love for each other and always remembering what it was that made you "twinkies in each others eyes". Love you both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRIE AND HUBBY! I THINK I FOUND MY TWINKY! NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT THAT WAY LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete