Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's a wrap

I found a new use for wrapping paper today.
With the help of a little ModPoge and a foam brush, I transformed some green damask wrapping paper I scored after the holiday's last year for 10 cents a roll on clearance at CVS into water proof shelving liners. I have been holding onto it to use to wrap this years gifts, but considering I have 3 rolls, and this project barely used 9 sq. feet of it, I've still got plenty.


With my little one-day project, I freshened up our tired looking shelves in the guest bathroom.
*Instructions:
1. measure out width, length and depth of shelves and cut paper accordingly.
2. Rinse shelves with warm soapy water, then dry.
3. Apply layer of Modgepoge to the shelf itself
4. carefully lay paper over it and smooth out any bubbles
5. Allow to dry 3-4 hours
6. brush a thin coat of Modgepoge over the top of the wrapping paper and allow to dry another 3-4 hours*.
*If desired, another coat can be applied. I used only one coat.

2 comments:

  1. How amazing! You always come up with the best do it yourself projects :) Such a talented girl you are!

    Much Love and I hope that you have a good week.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete