Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Deja Vu?

Didn't my family just go through this, like, uhm.....6 months ago with the Montecito Tea Fire? Now the weather Gods have decided that the area just a bit further North from my family's houses needs to be put to the test....



Which sucks.


My sister & other family members live near the newest fire, dubbed the "Jesusita" fire due to the proximity to the Jesusita hiking trail in the SB foothills.





So, as of 7:00 pm. my sister and her husband and Frankie bird are packed up and waiting to see if the evacuation line will move 4 blocks in their direction. If so, she's gotta get out and go stay at my mom's...

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that she doesn't have to evacuate like my mom, and both grandmothers & grandfather did last year. They were out of their homes for 5 days with very little knowledge of whether they would return to a home or ashes. Thankfully, all 3 family homes were spared, although my grandparents home just about the ONLY thing still standing in their neighborhood....


As of 8:00 p.m. no word from my sister as to whether they are evacuated or not, and the coverage from the local news is pretty crummy. Here's the most recent photo I could find...







1 comment:

  1. hey, you should give me credit for photo 1 & 2. I took those from our house! feels so good to be back home... 4 days out of the house..were enough for me.

    ReplyDelete