Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cowgirl & Nerd: Part 2

NZ and I were invited to join some friends at a local bar for Halloween this year. It's been at least half a decade since we last dressed up. I had a tarty little number in the hall, reminicent of Carmen Miranda, but OMG, too much skin! I can't believe I ever galavanted around town in that thing. Cute, yes. Appropriate for me to wear now? Hardly.

{Halloween 2010}
So, after my spirits of being Carmen Miranda were dashed by my body's inability to look 25 again, I started searching my closet for other "free" costumes, and decided I would be my old go-to...A cowgirl. I owned everything but the boots..which, I borrowed from our 12 year-old neighbor who was all excited that we have the same size foot.



{Haaay-ayyy, we're here...arriving at Bogey's}



NZ decided to use his old go-to, and dress as a nerd. He upped the ante this time, by adding some perfectly geeky accessories. New glasses, complete with tape on the bridge, and a dangling piece of toilet paper from his shoe. I couldn't stop laughing at this costume, however, between you and me, I LOVE GEEKS. He's really something special!




{Protect your pockets}

{hey man, You've got something on your foot}

And here we are, nerd and cowgirl back in the day...Lovin my shirt and his pants..and where on earth did I get red pants?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! And how cute are your costumes!!!

    So happy that your hubby is home :)

    Sending you HUGS and prayers always,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, HOT Cowgirl ;) And N looks like Matt Damon from The Imformant! looks like fun guys!

    ReplyDelete