Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sweet smell of Fall

One of my sis-in-law's invited me over for our first attempt at making caramel apples last night. We had a recipe, followed it to a T, but had some issues with the first batch of caramels burning a little, then thickening too fast..so, a quick trip to the store and a new batch of caramel sauce later, we did it! Beautiful caramel dipped baby galas . Some got some love with crushed peanuts or butterfingers.



She also introduced me to the grandaddy of all apples. I never knew about their existence since I obviously grew up under some sort of rock ( see "figment of my imagination" post), but OMG are they good! Anyone ever seen these? { HoneyCrisp Apple}
I am in Apple Heaven.
Welcome Fall, You're officially here!

6 comments:

  1. OMG Those look delish! By the way, I think this is my first comment on your blog! It's never let me comment before. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those apples look soooooooooooooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey Crisp apples are my true love. I bet I spend close to $100 on them each Fall. I have found the organic ones are even better. We were introduced to them about 8 years ago by a very nice man working in the produce section at our local health food stores. They used to be a lot harder to find. Your life will be forever changed and you'll find yourself dreaming of them the other 9 months of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey Crisps are my absolute favorite! I discovered them 2 years ago and now Sept-Nov make me very very happy! Unfortunately, the best ones in the area are at Whole Foods and 3.99/lb so the other day I spent $47 on apples! Obsessed? You better believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness I am not alone. Totally obsessed with finding them now...Is it possible to OD on Honeycrisps? I think not.

    ReplyDelete