Saturday, October 16, 2010

Skype me

It used to be "call me", then it was "page me" if you were cool enough to own a pager, then it was "email me", followed by "text me" and now all the cool kids are gonna start saying "Skype me"... Throwing a little love out there to our good friend SKYPE. This was the first overseas trip that NZ and I have had it set up, and I would venture to say, it made the time apart a bit more bearable. At least we got to make funny faces to each other, eat breakfast/supper together ( he'd have supper while I had breakfast and visaversa) and talk about the crazy things that happened that day ( Like the elusive man on a motorcycle with 2 monkeys on back that he reportedly kept seeing but couldn't get his camera out quick enough). I looked forward to that magical hour of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.. The time difference made it fairly easy to catch one another at non-busy times. 12.5 hours from here to there. Easy to remember.


Our 3 year old nephew even got into the SKYPE love every Sunday, while he was over. He'd sit at the desk like a big kid and talk his uncle Nick's ear off..He made sure Nick knew that we were on the same side of the World as his little girlfriend and preschool and not on the same side as Nick was. Totally funny to listen to a 3 year old version of how the earth works.



{ Offering uncle NZ a sticker}


If SKYPE were a real person, we'd owe him a 12 pack of ice cold adult beverages because he was a real clutch performer for our team. If you don't already SKYPE, try it. How's that for a shameless plug?

No comments:

Post a Comment