Saturday, July 17, 2010

DIY blog header

Thanks to Retromummy for posting a link to a DIY blog header tutorial courtesy of a Foothill Home Companion. With just a half hour of editing and selecting photos, I have a brand new header I made myself. With the weather so unbearable today, I am staying in and doing project after project..

To quote a friend, "it's Africa hot" here today. We went from 70's last week to 100 degrees with humidity. Before all of you non-Californians jump down my throat and tell me that I "don't know hot", oh believe me, I do..and in the past, when we lived in the Valley of Northern California, I was no stranger to it being 110 degrees out at 5 pm...but, we moved to Southern California to escape the heat, and live in our idea of paradise. If we wanted stifling hot weather, we'd live in the midwest where we could afford a hell of a lot bigger house, but then we'd have to deal with the climate changes..and neither of us are a fan of anything other than sunny skies and 70's. Call me spoiled, I'll agree.

So, I'm housebound with projects as my hubby slaves away on a new gate ( see previous post). I've got a great sewing project to start, and will post it if it is a success. It requires a zipper, and I hate zippers, so we'll see where it takes me. Success or garbage bin? Hopefully success. Here's a link to where my inspiration for today's project came from (among many other projects). The blog is called Prudent baby.. There are so many awesome ideas and tutorials.Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. It's cute!! Not too hot up here -- you should visit! =) Love you, Sara

    ReplyDelete