Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remembering Sweet Baby Z. & friends


Today, October 15th, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness day. As if those of us who have lost a child need any more awareness, right?


But really, there are so many of us out there who have lost a child, or two, or three...maybe even more. Whether it be a blighted ovum, a full term stillbirth, or a child born alive and dying shortly after...losing a baby is amongst one of the most difficult life experiences anyone will face.


I am amazed at the number of friends who have come out of the shadows to share their stories of miscarriage, and stillbirth. I've joined many blogs of women who share similar stories to mine. Reading their accounts, makes me feel not so crazy. If there is one thing I have learned from my experience, it's that life does go on...Just differently.


So, tonight I sit here thinking about the many people who have lost a child, and keeping hope that one day, we all get what we deserve.






2 comments:

  1. Brie,

    Thanks for being willing to share. Nothing makes that feeling go away I don't think! I have been thinking about you a ton and hope that even though the pain doesn't go away there is comfort in knowing that you still have an amazing life! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had another person tell me today at the class I went to ....she is an older woman with 3 daughters who lost a son in her 5th month. He is not forgotten! She said it took her many years and she had to put up with--because she had 3 daughters...oh, too bad you never had a son! They did not know that she lost her only son before she could know him. I'm touched with so many people from church and work who have come up to me! You mah loves you!!

    ReplyDelete