Monday, July 6, 2009

Tequila Citrus Chicken

With all the chicken that our household consumes ( all two of us) I've got tons of chicken marinade ideas, but rarely utilize them. I got all cocky on Sunday and prepared one of my favorites. It's supposed to be tequila lime chicken, but I was out of limes, and used the only bottle of tequila I could reach from our liquor cabinet. Sometimes being 30 years old and the height of a 10 year old has it's drawbacks..especially when your liquor cabinet is on the top shelf of the pantry..but oh well..I reached A bottle..so, spare me the midget jokes, kay?

Anyhow, I think it turned out pretty good. Here's what I used:

1/2 bag of frozen chicken breasts
2 shots of Cazadores Tequila
1/2 can of Sierra Mist/ 7 up or Sprite ( I use Diet Sierra Mist)
2 lemons cut into thin slices
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed

I combined all ingredients ( including frozen chicken breasts) into a gallon ZIPLOC bag.
Let chicken thaw as it marinates ( took my chicken about 4 hours on the counter top)
Remove from bag and BBQ on low/medium heat for about 10 min per side, then flip & resume cooking until it's to your "doneness" specifications.

I think NZ and I tend to cook it on the close to being undone level, whereas many people BBQ the crap outta it.

HOw long you cook it is up to you.

It will still taste good.

1 comment: