Monday, July 6, 2009

How we spent our 3 day weekend..


Our 3 day holiday weekend was spent doing a ton of work with a little bit of fun mixed in, as we joined family on Friday night for a game of darts ( which, by the way, I am brutal ..) and friends on Sunday to eat BBQ and watch the fireworks across the canyon. The work part was pretty much all the other waking hours..haha, I say this like I know firsthand, when in all reality, Nick was the workhorse behind the project..who am I kidding? I don't do dirt, remember? That 'ol man of mine layed the first row of blocks for our retaining wall all on his own. Two and a half pallets, each block weighing 60 lbs. I'd say he got a workout in, and a free tanning session, if he were into that sorta thing.

What did I do, you wonder? Besides take pictures?
I pruned our roses and a hedge behind the house..and helped NZ lay pipe for the sprinkler & drip systems that will eventually go in.

With each step I get more an more excited about a damn cement block wall. It's a bit embarassing to admit, but I am!



1 comment: