Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Twenty two months

At twenty-two months, Sal has really come into his own. I feel like this last month has seen him grow by leaps and bounds. Here's a list of some highlights of being 22 months old:

- Sal weighs in somewhere around 26-27 lbs

- uses his toilet 80% of the time without accidents

- sleeps for 2- 2.5 hours each afternoon, and from 7:00p-6:30a each night

- goes to town on Greek salad

- will dip anything and everything if given the chance. He is learning my motto of "ranch makes everything better"

- has mastered his wooden puzzles and loves the "tozzle" iPad puzzle app


- loves taking "selfies" with my iPhone and iPad if left unattended


- hangs his coat and puts his shoes away when we come in from outdoors

- said his first string of words " no big deal" on his 22nd month birthday. This came after spilling a cup of milk on our floor and hearing me tell him, "no big deal." 

- loves loves loves dogs and "titties" (kitties). I bought him a stuffed yellow lab toy at IKEA one day just because he saw it and called it Tess (which is my dad's golden lab's name). Melt my heart. Mama is a sucker for every new word.


- identifies pictures like sunshine, eraser, yo-yo, etc on a set of flash cards we were given

- insists on "Duce" (juice) morning, noon and night. I had to instill a "no juice if it's dark outside" rule, and water it down even more than before, but he is still a drinker!

- has a thing for "Mickey" and will choose to wear his Mickey shirt 9 times out of 10 if it is clean.

- prefers to play along side kids (parallel play) vs with kids. Also digs the attention of older kids.


- has the greatest laugh/cackle. My friends say he has a future as a "laugh track" recording artist. 

- can roughhouse for hours on end with his dad. One Saturday, he accosted NZ from the moment he got up, to the moment we put him to bed. 

- reads books with us and points things out. He stunned us when we were reading "brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" And he exclaimed "teacher!" when the picture of the "teacher" came up. We had no idea he knew what a "teacher" was. 

Every day it is something new. I am so thankful to be able to be his mom.



3 comments:

  1. Awww! First, can I say how jealous I am that he is using the potty? Cameron still couldn't care less.

    Oh...Mickey...Mickey, Minnie, and the whole crew is VERY popular at our house!

    Sal is pretty amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danae, I can't believe it either. Its a fluke. We bought a potty and he has chosen to use it since day one. I don't know why, but I won't fight it. Now, this being said, he only uses it at home, as he can't get his pants or undies down himself, so it only works in a clothing optional environment. Expect nekkid little boy butt if you ever visit my house (:

      Delete