Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lullabies that rock

I spent the better part of my morning cruising through youtube videos, and got the idea to make my own lullaby playlist, of non-annoying songs that NZ and I like, that might work to soothe the boy to sleep after he arrives. I have a good start on my list, but then it dawned on me...I bet there are already compilation CD's out there of say--lullabies sung by country singers.

So, I hopped over to amazon.com and was I ever surprised at the amount of lullaby CD's out there! Why kill myself downloading MP3 files and making my own compilation when the Hushabye & Rockabye Series exist?

These 3 are my favorites, and the George Strait one is extra special because it has our first dance song on it. Patsy and Johnny are just classic, I never get tired of listening to them.

Click HERE for link to Amazon.com's Hushabye site.

Hushabye also has compilation CD's of multiple country artists available, so then you don't have to decide on just one artist's songs.

Below are my favorite Rockabye CD's. Metallica, well...because it just reminds me of good times with my ol man, and Weezer because I loooooved them during high school, and the CD has a rendition of " Island In the Sun" which is from Billy Madison, one of my all time favorite movies.

click HERE for amazon.com's Rockabye store.

There are many many more to choose from, including TOOL, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Kanye West ( huh? He's considered rock???), the Beatles, Aerosmith, Guns-n-roses...the list goes on.

The hardest part is not buying them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment