Saturday, May 15, 2010

Walkin' for babies

2010 March of Dimes [Walk for Babies]
May 15, 2010
Team ZentilOur shirts..Thanks to sissy for using her cricut machine to cut out the letters


Me, my soon-to-be sister in law, my sissy, my mah & my sunshine

My little "in memory of" for our daughter and my childhood friend's daughter, stillborn within weeks of one another

me & my sunshine
A special thank you to my friends and family who contributed towards the March of Dimes Walk for Babies. I have been searching for something that I can do for babies and families in memory of my little girl..I did the blanket drive for micro-preemie blankets last fall, and just recently shipped a box to my college roomie's Mom's club to be donated to a county hospital near Spring, TX.
I somehow stumbled upon the March of Dimes Walk for Babies ( probably on one of the babyloss blogs I read) and decided that THIS IS FOR ME.
I would commit to walking and raising money for research so that fewer babies die of preterm birth and other prenatal disorders. Although it won't change MY situation, it could help other families in similar situations.
Joining me on the walk were a few people I have leaned on, cried with and shared stories with over the past year. All of them have been my rocks.
Today's walk was 5.5 miles. That is a heck of a lot further than I walk on a day to day basis and I am happy to report that all of us finished it in less than TWO hours.
To top it off....TEAM ZENTIL raised $1, 275
My heart feels good.

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you too, way to go sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy fast walking! Glad the event was a success on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though my legs hurt for 2 days after.. it was so worth every step. I am so happy you asked us to join you.. will always be by your side no matter what!
    Love Sissy

    ReplyDelete