Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Paradise

A few weeks back, I tagged along with NZ as he went searching for surfable waves. I played with my camera and love these two shots. Someone recently asked me how I get the "effects" on my photos, and I have to credit Picnik for their free photo editing website. My favorite effects are "vignette" which makes the black around the edges, and "cross process" which ages the photos a bit.
No fancy camera required, just my CanonPowerShot SD880 IS which easily fits into a pocket or a purse for those Kodak moments. I think next Christmas, I will ask Santa for a "real" camera, particularly a Canon Rebel EOS model...or start saving my money to buy it myself, which may come sooner than Santa. Either way, taking pictures at the beach always puts a smile on my face. We live in paradise, and I feel so fortunate and grateful to call Southern California my home.

3 comments:

  1. Your pics are fabulous! You're so crafty and I thought for sure that you had some formal training! I'll have to check out that site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thanks for sharing im gonna save it to my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Your Blog & the pics (scenary) are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete