Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hey good lookin..whatcha got cookin?

I must confess, I am not the only one in the house that knows my way around the kitchen. Last week, my sunshine and I veered off course from our normal weeknight meals of you guessed it...Chicken, rice and veggies. I love the fact that my husband likes to cook as much as I do, if not more..He is a bit more adventurous than I am.

Monday night, we worked together with some bagged broccoli slaw ( on sale for 99 cents), some precooked chicken breasts, rice vinegar, soy sauce and a package of egg roll wrappers ( $1.79) to make chicken spring rolls. Yes, they were lightly fried, but oh so good! The broccoli slaw & chicken were sauteed in a rice vinegar and soy sauce mixture, and we loaded each egg roll wrapper chock full with chicken and veggies. Delish!

We rounded out our week with a semi-homemade pizza ala Sandra Lee. I normally make my own pizza dough, but in a pinch for a quick supper, I found myself at Fresh & Easy picking up some premade dough and pesto sauce. So, basically, we assembled this one and baked it. No culinary greatness on display but OH was it ever good!

Now this week, it's back to the old standby's while we think of what to make next...

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming to your house for those spring rolls..they look delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!! You make it all look so delicous!!

    ReplyDelete