Monday, March 1, 2010

Blog Parade

Link:Observations from 32nd Street


A fellow blogger/friend posted this on her blog, and it looked like a fun way to pass some time, and a bit different than my usual posts..feel free to click on the link above to join in!

1.What's your favorite time of day, and why?
I'll be super specific on this one.. 2 o'clock on a fall afternoon day..you know..those days just before daylight savings switches over...late September, early October? Yep, that's my favorite time of year, day and hour because the sun ( at least where I live) is still warm, and the days just linger on..loooove it!

2. If Health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?
Eggs. I absolutely love eggs. I really really want chickens so that NZ and I don't have to go to COSTCO every other week to purchase 5 dozen..Between my affection for eggwhite breakfasts, and my addiction to baking, we go through those bad boys pretty quick. I could EASILY live on egg whites forever.

3. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
Sheesh. Just one? I'd wish to have my babies here on earth with us.
4. What is one thing you get teased about a lot?
With a name like Brie, I was always getting teased in school..Anything from Brie Cheese, to Brie-toe ( which sounded like Burrito) very clever, 5th grade boys! I hated being teased about it, but now I have grown to love my name, for it's individuality. It's very rare that there are ever more than one of me in a room. And if I could pick a second tease-worthy issue about myself, it would have to be the fact that I am not very tall. Five foot even on a good day. For some reason people find it funny and cute to call attention to it.

5.If you could choose one book, movie or TV show to spend your life in, what would it be?
I would choose to spend it living as a child in "The Brady Bunch"..They had Alice to clean up their messes, they went on awesome family vacations and they resolved every issue they had within a half hour episode.

6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
I'd be able to carry a tune..I have NO redeemable musical talent, at all. Just an ounce of musical talent would be nice.

7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
I'd take my sunshine on a trip around the World. We wouldn't have any master plan, but we would hop on a plane, spend a few days somewhere, then decide where to go next..We'd continue until we felt we were done seeing all we wanted to..Then we would return home to Southern California, which will always be my favorite place in the World.

8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing? Hands down. Country. I fell in love with country music my freshman year of college ( this coming after years of "daaaaad, this music SUCKS!" when he would play it at home). My roommate and I were polar opposites. Me coming from Santa Barbara and her from a little farm town in Northern California, called Kneeland..She was a 3rd generation goat farmer..yep..She loved GOATS. She would play "Garth Brooks: The Hits" while she studied, and I started to like what I was hearing..So, I have to credit her for my love of country music.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, where would it be?
Home Depot. I could get both bathrooms remodeled !!!

10. If you could live at any point in time, when would it be?

I have always been a girl who prides herself on being domestic. I absolutely love doing things to make my home a happy place for my family, whether that be cooking, sewing or cleaning. My home is my castle, and I think I would fit right in in the 50's as a housewife. These days, two incomes are necessary just to make ends meet in most US states, and I think that the art of being a housewife has gone by the wayside. I would love love love for my full-time job to be to care for my family and home. Call me old-fashioned, but it would be a dream to go back to a time when that's how life could be.

11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be the same color, what would it be? Last week I would have claimed NAVY! But this week it's a super cute BERRY color. My entire wardrobe would consist of DRESSES!!!!! Business dresses, sundresses, party dresses, housedresses...allllll dresses!

12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
Bashful. I'm terribly shy until I get to know people.

13. What's the last album you listened to?
Dwight Yoakam "This Time"

14. What's something others would be surprised to know about you?
Although I was enrolled in a public High School, I missed out on a lot of High School activities, and experiences thanks to my life as a competitive gymnast. Although I never made it to a single football game or dance, I have to say that the things I got to do, see and experience while travelling the country for gymnastics competitions was far better than what I was missing out on. Sometimes people ask me how it was possible that I never attended any school functions, or if I missed out on being a normal high school girl, but to be honest, I am grateful that I had other things going on that were much more important to me than whether so-and-so liked me or not.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the Brady Bunch too! I have to agree with you on the housewife thing though - I love taking care of my home and family. Praying your home would be filled with little ones for you to care for here on earth soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by the Blog Parade. A sunshine world tour sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by on the blog parade. I love country music too. I would also like to live in the 40's or 50's and be a stay at home mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your answers. I will definitely be checking back in to see what is going on in your life! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hopped over from the Parade. It's so great to meet you. :)
    I love your answer about the Brady Bunch. I would love an "Alice" in my home right now. LOL
    I also love country music. I think Garth Brooks could get anyone to like country.
    And GREAT choice on the berry color. When I saw that I wanted to go change my answer. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete