Friday, March 5, 2010

Bane of my Existence

Please don't tell me I am the ONLY person in the world that has ever carried one of these around in their purse?

For those of you who are staring at it with a ???????? in your eyes, it's a Due Date calculator.

To embarass myself even more, it's been in my purse for TWO YEARS now..I'd calculate when we'd be due, and when each trimester started and finished "IF" in fact it happened that month.
And today, I decided to cut off my former BFF and say adios! If and when we do in fact succeed again, I am fairly certain my RE or my OB will keep track of the important dates for us. Last time I checked, that was their job..and they're probably pretty dang good at it, seeing as they went to school all those years to be super smart Doctor men..I'm thinking they can probably keep me adrift on the important stuff..

So, tonight, I bid a fair adieu to an old friend..I'm thinkin it's time to say goodbye, because I've come to the realization that it is the bane of my existence, month after month. From here on out, I will leave the calculating to my Doctors and good ol fashoined luck.

6 comments:

  1. For being in your purse for 2 years, it was in excellent shape. Sometimes it is therapeutic to get rid of the old and go with a new.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one!! Ha ha but its mostly for work. So don't feel too bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brie,

    Hello :)

    First, I want to pass along a heart felt thank you for the wonderful information and advice that you passed along regarding my upcoming testing. The information you shared was insightful and most appreciated.

    My OB said that she would collect the basic tests and then we could see an RE at the fertility clinic for further advisement. I appreciate the time that you took to give such sound advice and am very grateful.

    I'll let you know how things progress.

    Many Hugs and congrats on parting with the calculator. And, best wished on seeing a BFP real soon...keep the FAITH :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I'm sure you'll feel some relief from not seeing that every time you dig through your purse. Keep your head up!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if this will make things better ... but maybe a good compromise? The due date calculator is ( -3+7) in that you take the first day of your last period, subtract 3 months and add 7 days. That's the whole formula. Nothing more scientific than that.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete