Saturday, July 12, 2014

Oh, hello summer

Wuxi must know that it's our last summer here, so up until this week, it's been taking it pretty easy on us. In the years past, it starts to warm up in June and then the humidity level reaches epic proportions when the calendar page flips to July 1st. 

June was relatively mild, so the kids and I put some mileage on our stroller with many morning walks to buy groceries and complete our errands. I'd say we walked at least 15-20 kilometers per week. Thankfully, I've got a friend here who also feels the need to get out of the house while the weather is manageable--so we usually walk after nap time for an hour or so and let our boys play on a playground nearby. 

It's been wonderful. I'm getting exercise, and the kids are getting out of the house and away from tv and boredom. Sal and I point out all of the excavators, dump trucks, and cranes that we see, and sometimes, if I feel like it is safe enough, we stop and watch for a bit. 

I have a feeling that today might have been one of our last walking days for a while. It was hot. It was humid. It was exhausting. 

And so I say, Hello, summer. 

We meet again. 

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be holed up in our apartment with my AC cranked, and kids bouncing off the walls until September. 



No comments:

Post a Comment