Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Still got it

I've been contemplating finding a gymnastics facility that has open gym for adults to go and play around for FUN exercise....but then the more I think about it, the more these questions fill my head, " What are you thinking??? You'll break your neck!"

It's been a good 2 years since my last attempt at anything more than a handstand. I think the last skill I tried was an aerial, and let's just say, rug burn on the nose doesn't feel so good. I lacked some SERIOUS height and barely got my feet back around..I escaped with little injury, but it scared the bejesus outta me.

Something got into me on Sunday night, and with a lot of positive self talk, and inspired by the Jersey Shore's "Snookie" who did a backwalkover backhandspring in a dress, I figured, hey if Snooks can do it, I can do it..


And so there the story goes, I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was. For 32 years old, I'm pretty happy with myself (=

Do I smell open gym in my future? Any ex-gymnastics friends wanna join me?

3 comments:

  1. Brie - you are so cute. When I try and do ballet now I cramp up all over the place and then sit back down and try and recover. Good for you!!! xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the video is unavailable...i do so wanted to see it...I could watch your video but would probably have kaniptions if I saw you do it in person. yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got to see it...fantastic and still great form

    ReplyDelete